Hi, So I just wanted to share an amazing salad, its so easy to make and its so delicious, I seriously could eat this everyday. Its super colorful and vibrant, its perfect for parties and get-togethers, or just something to have for lunch. Its always a crowd favorite, and my personal favorite too!!
- 6 cups of fresh baby spinach
- 1 pint of sliced strawberries
- 1 avocado, pitted and diced
- 1/4 cup of sweet onion or red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup of any kind of nut (I usually use California walnuts or sliced almonds)
- 1/3 cup of feta or blue cheese crumbles (If you’re a vegan, like me, you can replace it with non dairy cheese or leave it out all together)
- 2 boneless chicken breasts (I don’t use the chicken, but I do this for my family to make the salad more of a main dish then a side)
- 1 cup of balsamic vinegar or poppy seed dressing (Store bought or homemade)
Poppy seed Dressing
- 1/3 cup olive oil (or any oil, I prefer avocado oil)
- 3 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1 tablespoon of poppy seeds
- a pinch of ground mustard (optional)
- a dash of salt and pepper
- Wash the spinach, onion and strawberries thoroughly
- Slice/Dice fruits and veggies
- Mix all the salad ingredients into a bowl
- Pour desired amount of dressing over salad
- Mix all wet ingredients together
- Add in the spices, such as the poppy seeds the ground mustard and the salt and pepper.
Well there you have it, honestly this salad is incredibly easy to make and is so delicious. I hope you like it as much as I do!